Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swim Class and prayers for Lindsay and Zachary

Today was the first day of swim class for the girls. We were supposed to start yesterday but the pool heater was broke and by the feel of the water, it was still broke! The water was so cold that Carlie's lips turned a pretty shade of purple and she couldn't keep her teeth from chattering. I wasn't able to get any pictures of the girls today because Carlie and I are doing a Mommy and me class (because her chin doesn't reach 36") while Caiteyn is over on the other side of the pool with her class. Mike said that Friday (his day off) he would get in the water with Carlie so hopefully I’ll be able to get some pictures then. Caiteyn said that she had fun, but is hoping that tomorrow will be more fun. I explained to her that she isn't there to play, but to learn how to swim. Up until about a month ago, she was terrified to put her face under water so I'm hoping that this class will give her more confidence in the water. Carlie on the other hand is usually pretty daring around the water but today she didn't want to do much of anything. She kept saying that she was cold and hungry so I'm hoping this is what kept her from being the wild child that she is.

As for Lindsay, Suzie (Lindsay's mom) posted an update last night saying that Lindsay is still on ECMO but that her heart, brain, and kidneys were all doing well as of late last night. Suzie hasn't given an update for today, so I'm praying that things are well. Please keep this little princess in your thoughts and prayers.

I would also like to ask you to keep a sweet little boy named Zachary in your prayers. Tomorrow he will be going in for his Hemi-Fontan (or Glenn procedure) and I know from experience that it is never easy to hand over your sweet baby for surgery.

No comments: