Monday, March 2, 2009

Tea Party

This past weekend one of the girls in Caiteyn's class was having her birthday party at a Tea House for young girls. This place was really awesome...they had a TON of dresses for the girls to dress up in and a large selection of shoes for them. The girls got to choose their dress first and then were treated to a manicure, make-up and having their hair done. After everyone was done getting dolled up, the girls put on a fashion show followed by having their 'tea'. All the girls looked so cute and they all had so much fun.

When I first saw the dress that Caiteyn picked out, I was surprised that she didn't choose a more frilly one loaded with sequins. When I caught her looking at herself in the mirror, I knew exactly why she picked it...she thought it resembled a wedding dress. I watched her as she turned to the side and threw out the back of the dress as if it were a train on a wedding dress...a young girl dreaming of the day she'll get married (I can remember putting a T-shirt on my head pretending it was a veil)...

2 comments:

Carlla said...

A tea party...how cute! I am also a heart mom. My son Aiden was born with Shones/HLHS. Carlie looks really great! Both your girls are cuties!

allison said...

That is really cute! She has the biggest, brightest smile!