Friday, February 27, 2009

Visit to the dentist

Yesterday I took the girls to the dentist for a check-up. This was Carlie's first visit so I wasn't sure how she was going to do. They didn't do x-rays on her (I think I remember them saying that they don't do them until she is three; not like she hasn't been exposed to x-rays a hundred times before) so they just did a visual check on her. She willingly opened her mouth, as she sat on my lap, so that the doctor could check things out, but when it came to the cleaning she wanted nothing to do with it. The doctor said that her teeth looked great and that she didn't have any cavities. I was concerned with the fact that because she has been on sweetened medicines for so long, that they may cause a problem (I know of a handful of heart kids who have had problems with this), but everything checked out great.

While I was in the room with Carlie, they took Caiteyn into another room to get her x-rays done. I didn't get to see her x-rays but the doctor said that her teeth looked good as well...no cavities! Going to the dentist can be so scary (even for me, there's just something about the sound of that drill), so I'm hoping that we can stay cavity free for as long as possible!

And if the heart parents are wondering, because they didn't do anything 'intervention' wise on Carlie, she wasn't required to have antibiotics but if in the future she should need intervention, antibiotics are a MUST!



1 comment:

Faith said...

Hm, Kelly has always had to go on antibiotics just for a simple cleaning. Thus, he only gets cleanings once a year because of it... Interesting. I LOVE reading your blog BTW but it brings back SO many sad memories, and happy ones too, related to a brother who has HLHS.