Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dressing Up Red

This past Sunday there was an event put on by Big Hearts for Little Hearts Loma Linda Guild called "Dressing Up Red". It was an event held at the hospital to help raise money for the PCICU (Wal-Mart donated a check for $15,000!) as well as provide an opportunity for women of all ages to learn how to be heart healthy. There were about 175 people who showed up and many of them were other heart families. It was amazing to see so many other heart babies who are now living as young children and adults...truly inspiring. Dr. Bailey stopped by to give a small speech, and he was quickly greeted and surrounded by just about every family there as if he were a rock star; he is our "Rock Star" for sure! It was great meeting other families and I look forward to next year's event.

Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of pictures because Carlie was grumpy, Carlie fell asleep on me, and my battery died. A couple of the other moms that were there are going to email me some of the pictures that were taken, and when I get them, I would love to share them with you. Until then, here are the few I managed to get...

Carlie before we left the house.

Caiteyn before the event.

Caiteyn having make-up put on for her picture.

All dressed up.

Miss Peyton (Shone's Complex)

Sweet Lauren (Shone's Complex)

At home after the fun.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Such pretty girls! I love their dresses and what a fun event to attend! Glad you got to see some other heart families and the "rock star" too. The connection and admiration we have to the docs who saved our baby's life is amazing, isn't it!?! Give hugs to the girls from us!
Love,
The Allreds