We then walked over to Matterhorn, which she had been talking about nonstop. We got on and she LOVED it, she wanted to ride it again right away. I told her that we should go on some other rides first and then we could come back to it. We then went over to Big Thunder and Pirates of the Caribbean. Every time that we visit Disneyland Caiteyn wants to walk through Tarzan's Treehouse, but with Carlie, it would be pretty difficult. So after Pirates we walked through the treehouse and got our stair workout for the day!
We went and had some dinner and it was really nice to be able to sit there just the two of us and hear Caiteyn talk about whatever was on her mind. Usually at dinner I'm trying to get the girls to eat, to sit down, to stop playing, pretty much everything else but carry on a conversation, so it was really fun to hear what she had to say.
After dinner we walked around and got on some other rides and then waited to watch Fantasmic. I hadn't seen Fantasmic since I was in high school and it was cool to see again. Right after Fantasmic was done the fireworks started, so we watched those for a while and then walked over towards Matterhorn. We rode it one last time and took this picture before it was about to take off.
As we were walking out, we stopped at one of the stores to get a sweet to share. I asked her what she wanted and she told me, "You can pick Momma because you took me on all the big rides today." We decided on a chocolate chip cookie, which was just as sweet as she is. We had a great time and she has already been asking me when we can go back just the two of us...








3 comments:
Hi! Just hopped over from Annabelle's blog. I'm a "heart mom friend" of Rebecca's. My daughter, Mary Clare, also has HLHS. She has had her Norwood and Glenn. It is so encouraging to see another beautiful little girl doing so great after all three surgeries! She is adorable. Thanks for sharing both of your daughters! They are too cute!
Love, Kerri Pennington
www.babypennington.com
I'm also a heart friend of Rebecca and Kerri's. My daughter, Madison, is a HRHS baby as well! It's tough finding other kiddos out there with HRHS, so I was happy to read that your Carlie is doing so well with it! That does my heart good! I've also peeked at her care pages. Maddie has had her BT-shunt and Glenn, she's just 3 1/2 weeks post-op from her Glenn. She's done remarkable, we couldn't be luckier. Would love to get in touch with you, our blog is allredbabygirl.blogspot.com and email is katieall@smwireless.net. Your girls are beautiful and I'm glad to see that life moves on and gets back to "normal" again!!!
Love,
Katie Allred
Thanks for the comment on my blog! You guys have had one heck of a summer! Your girls are so cute & look like so much fun!
By the way, glad to see that she had a good echo!
Post a Comment