Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pediatrician visit

Friday the girls had a yearly check-up with the pediatrician. You're probably wondering why Carlie would be having her yearly check-up three months after her birthday...well because she had open heart surgery in January, I waited to get the okay from her cardiologist knowing that she would be receiving shots and then just decided to take the girls at the same time, you know "kill two birds with one stone". Everything checked out good; Caiteyn weighs 43 pounds and 44 inches tall and Carlie weighed in at 25 pounds and 33 1/2 inches tall. I was pleased to hear that Carlie had put on weight (it seems like she has been stuck at 23 pounds forever), but at the same time we were just at the cardiologist in May and she was 23 pounds then. While Carlie does eat, I'm not sure I believe that she put on two pounds in two months. A while ago when we were making more frequent visits to the cardiologist, their scale always gave a different weight than the pediatrician's and because we visited the cardiologist more than the pediatrician, I liked going with the weight that the cardiologist's scale gave. We have a follow up visit with the cardiologist in July, so I'll be curious to see what Carlie's weight is then.

On a funnier note, at our visit they checked Caiteyn's eyes by having her read shapes off of a chart (like the E charts that we read off of). When the nurse asked her to read one of the smaller lines, she looked at it and said, "But I can't see that far."

No comments: