Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cardiology Check-up

Carlie had her cardiology check-up today, her last one was in June 2009, and everything looked GREAT! Her echo showed that her heart is functioning very well! Her mitral valve continues to have a mild leak (which is great, at one point in our journey it was severe), which I assume she will always have because of the amount of work that valve does, and her oxygen saturations were registering 94/95%!! She is still on a dose of Enalapril, which I was hoping to drop this visit, but hopefully by our next one she will be able to come off of it (her cardiologist did say a while back that it is her goal to get her patients off of medications by the time they start school). Needless to say, I was very happy!! I still get nervous every time she has a check-up because you just never know; things can change so quickly! We continued to be blessed with her good health and we don't have to return for another check-up until next summer, before she starts Kindergarten!!!

No comments: