This past summer Carlie was invited to be part of a photo shoot that would be used for the gala. During the shoot, Carlie was being very uncooperative and I thought that the photographer would be lucky to get one good picture of her...imagine my surprise when I received this in the mail...
Around November, we started receiving phone calls and emails from family and friends telling us that they had seen the picture of Carlie in the paper or in our local magazine but the biggest surprise was when I got a phone call from another heart mom asking me if she had just seen Carlie on a billboard (it was one of those digital billboards and she was driving so she wasn't completely sure if it was her or not), I told her that I had no idea. I sent my in-laws out to investigate because it was close to their home (about 30 miles from ours) and they emailed me this...
...I couldn't believe it! And then about a month and a half ago, another heart mom sent me this...
...which is a billboard very close to the hospital. Who knew that the ONE picture that the photographer got would show up all around town?! WE ARE SO HONORED TO HAVE OUR SURVIVOR BE PART OF SUCH AN IMPORTANT EVENT!
As much as we would love to be part of the event, it wasn't looking like we would be able to afford to go ($200 per person wasn't in our budget) when one of our favorite nurses was able to get a whole table donated to heart families! We are so excited to be able to spend the evening raising money for the hospital as well as honoring such an important man in our lives, Dr. Bailey.
Pictures from the event will be coming soon!








6 comments:
Wow Shannon! That is so cool- Carlie is the perfect face for CHD... I know how much hope she brings us :) Enjoy this evening and can't wait to see pictures from the fun event! Yay Carlie!!! Love you guys!
That is SO awesome!! I LOVE IT!!! She is adorable, so how could they resist using her picture. I'm glad you got to go. Can't wait to see pics. CONGRATS CARLIE for representing!
We're planning a Disneyland trip for October 7th ish.. we'd LOVE to see you guys then!! Maybe Owen will actually be walking. :) HA.
No way!!!!! She's a star!!! How exciting that must have been to learn! I've had a few people tell me that Joshua's story is on a radio commercial in SF...so crazy to hear this from multiple people, yet have no idea ourselves. I imagine finding out about these billboards is an even bigger shock/pleasant surprise!
Amaaaazing, Shannon!! Congrats, Carlie is so gorgeous!! I've been meaning to contact you that the other day at Luca's ped office I opened a Riverside local magazine and saw that exact same add...I was SOOOO surprised and SUPER happy to see Carlie's beautiful face on that page! What a blessing she is! We really hope to meet you guys some day...Love, hugs and kisses, The Santospiritos
Sooo adorable! See, I told you those girls are photogenic! Can't wait to see your pictures from the big gala!
Enjoy!
Michelle Hagerott
That is amazing! Such an adorable little star!
Post a Comment