Monday, September 14, 2009

First day of Preschool

Today was the day that Carlie has been waiting for...her first day of preschool! Ever since Caiteyn started kindergarten, she has been wanting to go to school herself. When we got the call last week that she would be put in the class, she asked everyday, "My going to school today?" and I had to keep telling her, "no, on Monday". Well she woke up this morning all excited when I told her today was her first day of school. As I was getting her dressed she asked me if I was going to stay with her. I had to explain to her that she would be on her own and that she wouldn't be at Sissy's school (she had it in her head that she woulds be going to the same school as Caiteyn). We waited outside the class until they were ready for us and she walked right in and started playing with the art supplies. I thought that she might be a little shy and emotional, but she asked the teacher for glue so that she could make art...we kissed her good-bye and then she waved to us as we walked out the door. She is growing up so fast and I can't believe how far she has come! She truly is a miracle!

Such a big girl!

Caiteyn told Carlie that when she got home from school, she wanted to hear how her first day went and who her teacher is...


Daddy and Carlie having a talk before class started.

1 comment:

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

Congratulations on your first day of preschool, Carlie! So glad to see that she had a great first day was was so excited.