I just wanted to wish all the special moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day. I also came across this beautiful poem written by Stephanie (Braeden's mom) and had to share it with all the heart moms...enjoy the day!
This is for the Mother's...
(Each mother that I've known)
Whose greatest hope was someday...
To have children of her own.
For the ones who proudly rocked their dolls...
And kissed them each goodnight...
This is for the Mother's...
Who were told..."Something's not right".
This is for the mother..
Who when faced with such a trial...
Sits beside her child's bed...
Just praying all the while...
For mom's who learned of patience...
In a way that no one should...
For mothers who know firsthand...
Life isn't always good.
When dreams of all the "oohs" and "ahhs"...
As doting friends arrive....
Become instead...a battle...
To help their child thrive.
This is for the mothers...
Who refuse to face defeat...
Who become their child's advocate...
Who teach their child to eat...
Appointments fill their busy lives...
It's time to go again...
With feeding pumps, and specialists...
A tank of oxygen.
As people stop...to take a look...
Just wondering...what's wrong?
I've seen that look, a hundred times...
"You must be very strong".
The oohs and ahhs...don't matter...
Now life seems much more clear...
I'm lucky I'm his mother....
I'm blessed that he's still here.
This is for the mother....
Whose shaking hands release...
The child that she loves so much...
(And then she prays for peace)
"We will take good care of him"...
The nurse says carefully....
This mother's thoughts are simple...
"Lord bring him back to me...
His life no longer in her hands...
She wonders what's in store...
This is for the mother....
Who has walked this road before.
This is for the mother....
Whose worst fear comes to light....
"Were still not certain what went wrong...."
"We'll watch her through the night."
For mother's who sit powerless...
Praying...please let her survive...
For mother's who go on somehow...
When their miracle doesn't arrive.
As some wake up on Mothers day...
To kisses, cards and laughs...
Other's have just memories...
and well worn photographs.
This is for the Mother's....
Who knows that it's a treasure....
To have a child...love a child...
Their is no greater pleasure.
For runny eggs and blackened toast....
Arranged upon a tray....
With a bunch of wilted dandelions...
"Mom does it taste okay"?
For every busy restaurant...
And every crowded mall....
The words...."I love you mama" are...
The greatest gift of all.
This is for the Mother's...
(Each mother that I've known)
Whose greatest hope was someday...
To have children of her own.
For the ones who proudly rocked their dolls...
And kissed them each goodnight...
This is for the Mother's...
Who were told..."Something's not right".
This is for the mother..
Who when faced with such a trial...
Sits beside her child's bed...
Just praying all the while...
For mom's who learned of patience...
In a way that no one should...
For mothers who know firsthand...
Life isn't always good.
When dreams of all the "oohs" and "ahhs"...
As doting friends arrive....
Become instead...a battle...
To help their child thrive.
This is for the mothers...
Who refuse to face defeat...
Who become their child's advocate...
Who teach their child to eat...
Appointments fill their busy lives...
It's time to go again...
With feeding pumps, and specialists...
A tank of oxygen.
As people stop...to take a look...
Just wondering...what's wrong?
I've seen that look, a hundred times...
"You must be very strong".
The oohs and ahhs...don't matter...
Now life seems much more clear...
I'm lucky I'm his mother....
I'm blessed that he's still here.
This is for the mother....
Whose shaking hands release...
The child that she loves so much...
(And then she prays for peace)
"We will take good care of him"...
The nurse says carefully....
This mother's thoughts are simple...
"Lord bring him back to me...
His life no longer in her hands...
She wonders what's in store...
This is for the mother....
Who has walked this road before.
This is for the mother....
Whose worst fear comes to light....
"Were still not certain what went wrong...."
"We'll watch her through the night."
For mother's who sit powerless...
Praying...please let her survive...
For mother's who go on somehow...
When their miracle doesn't arrive.
As some wake up on Mothers day...
To kisses, cards and laughs...
Other's have just memories...
and well worn photographs.
This is for the Mother's....
Who knows that it's a treasure....
To have a child...love a child...
Their is no greater pleasure.
For runny eggs and blackened toast....
Arranged upon a tray....
With a bunch of wilted dandelions...
"Mom does it taste okay"?
For every busy restaurant...
And every crowded mall....
The words...."I love you mama" are...
The greatest gift of all.
~Stephanie Husted








3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Shannon!!! Thanks for the text message, I just checked my phone, you're so thoughtful :)
Loved this poem, Stephanie's poems are so awesome and really bring on the tears for me too!
Give your girls hugs from us!! Loved your last updates...I was missing you guys!
What a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing! Happy Mother's Day to you, too! (A bit belated, that is.)
I'm impressed with your kiddo word deciphering skills! I love Caiteyn's door signs. Too funny! So glad all is well with the girls. It is so reassuring to see Carlie, as Mary Clare is just behind her. (She will be two next month.) Also love Carlie's 3rd birthday video...of course, it made me cry!
Good to "chat" with you! ;)
Kerri
Hi there, Mason Family,
I found your blog on Maddie's website and wanted to say hello. Our beautiful daughter, Gracie (10 months) has HRHS - Pulmonary Atresia IVS. It is wonderful to see Carlie doing so well and such a vibrant little girl. Gracie has had some surgery complications, but we are so thankful she is home and are focused on getting her strong before that Fontan. I would love to stay in touch and keep up with how Carlie is doing.
Jen, Gracie's mom
Post a Comment